Friday, May 27, 2016

FUN times in May!

Well, May has been a fun month for us so far!!!
Due to some construction around the house, we have had a slow spring but we got back into the swing of things starting the first weekend of May and WOW have we had some fun!!! 

First, lets start with the weekend of April 31st and May 1st:
I decided to attend my first real CWA meet in Hull, GA hosted by GRR. 
Well let me tell you, if I wasn't sold on this event when I entered, I sure am now!  
WOW is all I can say!   I had a awesome time there!
Robin Horner and I headed down with a few dogs.   Blondie had run once before and I entered her and Moon (her first time entered).  

Well, Moon says she likes this straight racing thing and shocked me with her performance!  
On Sunday, she placed 7th out of 36 dogs and earned 3 ARX points!!!!! 
Then she went on to place 4th in the Match and finished the weekend as the
High Combined winner and we took home an Awesome Peppi Ribbon!!!!



 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets jump to ahead two weekends.... May 14th and 15th.
MAHA hosted their annual Hound Specialty in Raleigh, NC.
Morgan was entered in the Veteran Sweepstake and was not only was BOB 
but went on to a Group 2 placement!
Not only was Morgan a dream to show again, but I think she looked amazing at just 2mo shy of 9yo and how special to go Group 2 at the same event that she earned her first points at as a 9 month old puppy going Group 2 in the Hound group!!!! 

Morgan now - 5/2016
Morgan then - 5/2009 (this is her winning BOB - it was a better pic than her Group 2)

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, May 21st and 22nd
MAHA had our spring AKC lure coursing trial in Reidsville, NC at Flint Rock Farm

It was a beautiful weekend:
nice weather, a great turn out of hounds, and lots of friends around!
To finish off a great month, Moon decided to turn on the heat and show her Papa that she had what it takes because she had some awesome runs that made me so so very proud!
She finished the weekend going Back to Back BOBs both days in some very large and talented whippet entries!!
Saturday had an entry of 29 whippets and Sunday 27!



I am so very proud of our crew!    
-  Deana



No comments: